1. Rehabilitation of the Boxwood beds in the North End Park north of Hanover Street (also known as Parcel 8) Look at a snippet of the planting plan
2. Rehabilitation of the Pergola bed in the North End Park north of Hanover Street, matching work done in the Pergola bed south of Hanover Street in Spring of 2014.
3. Resurfacing of the entire pergola in both North End parks.
4. Replacement of all 21 benches in the North End parks. Eight of the benches will be replaced with swinging benches suspended from the Pergola, with two installed north of Hanover Street and six installed south of Hanover Street.
5. Replacement of bollard lights through out the North End parks.
6. Replacement of light fixtures in the Freedom Trail walk.
7. Resurfacing of the railings stained by treated fountain water in the North End parks.
A number of meetings were held to solicit input on improvements and review recommendation scope of work. Presentations are linked below with more information:
Q: What is happening to the plants that you are removing?
A: Plants, bulbs and trees that are in good health will be removed and transplanted to other locations on the Greenway. Plants not in good health will be removed and composted.
Q: Are you planting new boxwood plants? Why not just use the existing ones?
A: Nearly all of the existing boxwood plants are in poor condition, largely as a result of being originally planted in an overcrowded double row. A new variety of boxwood, named Green Velvet, will be planted.